Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Jonah's birthday

Today is Jonah's birthday.
We had a little party at the parenting Journey group, because I figured, he has the kids he's been playing with there already so might as well take advantage of the friends and the space.
And then today we are doing something small as a family.
We'll see how all that goes and we'll have more on that later.

It went pretty well! We invited one friend instead of having a great big party. We did build a bear, and the mall was almost completely empty, Which meant that the little playground was open to them. Plus we ran into this big bunny (a person in a suit) and from the pictures it would look like we hired someone. We got free balloons too. Then we went to California Pizza.

I was with Jonah for the build a bear thing. He picked out a tie dye Hello Kitty I didn't much care for.
"Is this the one you want?"
"Yes." He said very sweetly.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."

So Jonah ended up with a tie dye Hello Kitty with a Karate outfit. When filling out the name for the birth certificate Jonah picked YUI at first. But then he picked WER and other names that were the order of letters on the key board.
So I asked him what the name was and he said Hello Kitty, so that's the name we typed in.


Noah was with Grace and they came out with a rabbit in Captain America uniform named Peter.
I also had a stuffed bunny named Peter as a child (that Grace knew about.) and when Noah told me the bunny's name was Peter I asked, "Did you pick that name or did Mommy?"


Later on we went to Showa and did our usual dinner and playground, with English conversation. The kids are wild during the conversation, but I think the purpose is still served in terms of the SHowa students getting practice with English. However, my kids aren't learning Japanese or really even conversing with them. They just get all excited every time we go there.

On the way back to the car, Grace saw a rabbit. Actually the students saw a rabbit but it didn't move until both children came over.
Rabbits have a significance in our family.

Grace thought it was my mom trying to say Happy Birthday to Jonah.

The significance had crossed my mind, but I didn't put the connection together until Grace mentioned it.

In fact it wasn't until writing this that I put together the whole Giant Rabbit handing out balloons to us as a possible sign as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment