Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Be My Friend, Adapted from The Godfather



If you haven't seen this clip from the godfather, here is a clip. We adapted it to be for kids. I guess that in itself is kind of hilarious or messed up, depending on your perspective. We shortened it a lot, and so some of the dialogue doesn't even really make sense. But you don't want it to be too long. I mean the kids have to memorize everything and just don't have the attention span. But you can see how a line like "Be my friend." said by a kid, in a kid's way, in the atmosphere of the original scene is pretty funny right?



Well let me just write out Grace's adaptaion.



Bonasera(played by Shao) : They took my candy and laughed at me. I told my teachers. I come to you for Justice.



Godfather (that would be me.) : Why did you go to your teachers? Why didn't you come to me first?



Bonasera: What do you want?



Godfather: What is that? (Shao whispers in ear... it became Dai Dai whispering in ear. Whatever we messed up.) That I cannot do.



Bonasera: I didn't want to get into trouble. (Dai Dai gives him a drink.)



Godfather: You didn't need a friend like me before.



Bonasera: How much candy do you want?



Godfather: What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? Had you come to me in friendship, they would be suffering this very day. And if you should make enemies, they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you.



Bonasera: Be my friend? (then after bowing and the Don Shrugs)



Godfather: (after Bonasera kisses his hand) Good.



Bonsaera: Thank you, Godfather.













 Dai Dai was sort of Sonny, and sometimes he was the cat... but he kept meowing too loudly. Maybe we should show that clip too. Any suggestions for what scenes we should do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment