Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, November 28, 2015

No leftovers

You know I am so thankful that we did not cook a Turkey this year and do not have to keep looking at it and stuffing ourselves with stale food. If you think about it, it is amazing we still do this. In the old days it makes sense. We didn't have the technology to freeze meat and or didn't preserve it in jerkey or salted or cured form for whatever reason, the way the Native Americans and Chinese and everyone with sense did. So, we had to slaughter everything before the winter months and stuff ourselves because pretty soon, we just wouldn't be eating.

But we don't have to do that anymore because not only do we have large freezers (I mean by we I mean someone does) but we have currency... paper money, or even digital money that can buy fresh food later.

After our Thanksgiving feast we went out to eat several times and ate fresh, new food. Something new. Something different. Dim Sum, Victoria Seafood, and today take out from Chinatown Cafe. It feels great not be be burdened by leftovers. (Especially since I am usually the one to feel the need to finish them.)

I am pretty Thankful for the great surplus of pretty much everything that I have. I don't need to stuff myself (more than I already do) in order to prove it. I mean I already live a pretty gluttinous life already.

No comments:

Post a Comment