Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Home Movies.

So our family has started making little short movies instead of our unscripted Kung Fu tutorials. Grace writes and directs it and we are in it. Dai Dai wasn't even in this one, but he's not ready yet. These little plays are actually pretty good educational tools when you think about it. I mean, first of all, the kids have to READ lines. Then they have to memorize them and learn that you can't just say stuff the way you read them. Interestingly, the lines that were written For Shao, like they are stuff he would usually say, do require acting skills. I thought they wouldn't because Shao says stuff like this all the time. It wasn't until I heard him just reading them that I realized the whole concept was actually pretty hard.





As for myself, I totally broke character at the end. You could say... who cares? it's just a silly clip. But I remember watching Painted Faces and the actor playing Jackie Chan said that his Sifu told him to never break character until the director yelled "Cut!" Of course nowadays we are just using a camera.. and people can even use their phones.... but still. If you are going to do something you might as well try your best. The next movie we did was from the Godfather. I'll put it in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment