Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Butterfly Garden

I got an e-mail from a parent about planting a "Butterfly garden" I didn't quite know what that was but it sounded like a lot of work. But I realized I could just go help out a little and blog about it. 
At first I didn't see anyone, just the equipment and I didn't want to just start digging holes by myself. 



Then when picking up the kids I bumped into Alice, who was the main person behind this. 

I also helped her hemmer in this "sandbox" which is not going to be a sandbox after all but a raised flat bed or dirt box. That was another occasion and while I helped, Dai Dai fell on his face on a rock. He still has a shadow of a bruise. So basiccally I am slightly averse to doing anything any sort of good deed. I always notice my kids get hurt like doing good is actually bad Karma. Accidentally doing good while promoting myself through blogging however, seems to work out fine Karmically.

Well this is the finished butterfly garden. 
"We'll see if it survives the winter." Said Alice. 
"Oh yeah were you here last winter with all the snow?"
"Actually no, we were in Rwanda for a couple years."

Wait What?

So apparently Alice and her husband are Doctors who lived in Rwanda. Their child went to a nice Montessori school there. Basically all I know about Rwanda is from Hotel Rwanda. Hutu's, Tutsi's, genocide. 
"It's actually pretty safe right now in a dictatorship type of way." Alice said, "What everyone is worried about now is Burundi."
"And that's another country?" I asked. Hey I'm ignorant. Why front? But my main point is, I met some pretty interesting people around JP and here some pretty cool stories. So I'm going to start writing them down.


On to my kids.

The kids have created this super hero called Super baby. They will jump around in their imaginary world which is pretty cool. I remember jumping around by myself. Having a sibling seems to be much better. 
"Baba! Super Baby's number is 922. It's like 911 but it's 922. 922! Hello? Super Baby? Can you come save us?"
I don't know, I just thought that was hilarious and felt I had to write it down somewhere before I forgot it.

Well off to JP Soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment