Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Voting Day

Did you vote today? I did.
For City Councilor at large I voted for Michelle Wu. I think she was even there in person. But I wasn't sure because her hair was pulled back and she looked so young.
I could vote for up to four though, so I voted for Ayanna Presley, because I heard she was smart, and she's black, and I saw some people holding signs in Roxbury when I biked passed. But I almost didn't vote for her because I haven't seen her around. For everyone else, even though I may have seen them a long time ago, I haven't seen them recently. So I used my last two votes for write-ins, for myself. That's right I voted for myself twice. You could say it makes no sense. But hey I haven't seen these other guys around.  Am I  supposed to vote for you just because you are on the ballot?
I'm letting you know you could have had my vote, my one vote.
But if everyone did what I did you would actually have to campaign and do stuff.
 I wouldn't let my own kids get complacent, so why should I let those who I hand over power to?

Matt O'Malley, ran unopposed and I did see him three times, at stuff in JP and in Chinatown. So I gave him my vote. Not because he ran unopposed, but because despite being the only name on the ballot that I saw, he did put forth  effort in my community. Both of my communities, which  I guess are in the same voting district.

Go vote.

It doesn't matter who you vote for.

It does matter that you vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment