Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Freedom and fun

It's fun riding around at night on your bike and going to "meetings." Shao asked me "Why do you have to go to this meeting in Chinatown?" I answered him, "I don't." And once I got there, there wasn't much point in coming back because everyone's already asleep right? I mean back when I lived down the street from all this stuff in Chinatown, I could stand even being at something like this for 10 minutes, even though I slept just 5-10 minutes away. Even when I got back to Moh Goon I probably wouldn't be sleeping because the lights would be on, the cigarette smoke would be all around and the door would be open. So why couldn't I wait to get back to Moh Goon? Because I would start training. Why can't I just train at home?
Well, because I will wake everyone up. And as much as I like practicing at home, there is a difference when you are able to swing weapons around and not worry about noise. Shoot if I had a Hall to train in I would probably be training all day and all night.... just like I used to. Except even the old Moh Goon wasn't perfect. You could say why don't I just train outside. But there is that feeling of being able to swing bladed polearms around, then just lean them up some where, hget some hot water, meditate in the dark and maybe drop off for a few minutes or hours and then get up and do it again like some sort of insane person.

But I can't do that anymore, so I might as well just hang around with people in Chinatown and then Bike home, which is kind of like training. You move pretty fast and there is that adrenaline rush of the cars. In fact, often I would feel I had to escape the confines of Moh Goon by jogging and doing punches in the night air down by the Charles. With Biking, at least I am going somewhere. It's not like I was hanging out with irresponsible people to, They were all Grace's friends, or friends of friends. And I was sort of getting information and contacts for the Blog.

And now I'm back home, but I don't want to wake the kids up by barging in or rummaging around up there.


I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment