Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Teaching videos and Jonah's Rice Cracker story



I'm going to start teaching on You tube. I won't be showing the traditional Woo Ching White Crane Forms. First of all, I don't think you can learn all that in a video. But I will be doing a step by step tutorial of what I've managed to teach Noah so far. Later on Noah will be the one teaching because let's face it, he's cuter than me and more interesting to watch. Dai Dai is a good little student in  this video but he's not ready to teach yet. I've been trying to learn Irish fiddle on You tube and I have decided that most videos show too many moves at once. This video just shows the first part of the opening. I will probably make a ton of videos on just this opening alone.

Later we will move into some stance stuff and the forms will be the guided free forms that Noah performed in Gong Gong's video of our performance at Montclair.



In other Jonah news, Jonah has been stealing Rice crackers from children at the playground. It started with begging this older girl, who teased and made him beg. "I just want a rice cracker shaped like a cylinder!" Jonah complained. But yesterday, a younger girl was mid bite into her disk shaped rice cracker when Jonah ran over making chomping noises and took it from her. I tackled him too late and much of the rice cracker crumbled.

"It's okay" the mother of the little girl said. But here is the injustice of it. Jonah has nothing to discourage him from doing it again.

"I just think he was hungrier than you honey, survival of the fittest. We can get another one." I knew the mother and she was really nice about it. But I know Jonah too. He's not hungry. Or if he is... well he didn't eat much of my dinner later. I don't have a problem with them snacking. But they can't be greedy. It turns out the other kids don't really like the snacks I bring. I will have to work on that. Plus I had stopped bringing snacks because I want them to be hungry for dinner, and to eat, quickly. They can partake of snack for social reasons but not for actual sustenance. It's not really food after all.



Anyway, Mommy talked to Jonah last night saying, "Mommy heard that you were taking other children's rice crackers Dai Dai. That's not good."

Jonah thought a while and then responded, "Mommy, when you watch your show, I sit there very quietly. I sit very quietly through your whole entire show. So I don't like that you talk about these other things."

"He should go into law." Mommy told me.

"They used to say that about me." I said thinking back to what my mother told me when I was in high school.

"Which is true." Grace finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment