Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Free T day

Our Friday free T day meant we journeyed out to Chinatown. We got Dan Tahts, red bean rolls and a cookie. Noah played with Moh Goon things like drums and weapons. Jonah decided to throw these balls that they use as practice oranges all over the place. Then the whole family had a night out at Xinh Xinh. Xinh Xinh is one of my favorite restaurants in Chinatown with kids. I rarely ate there before I had children, but afterward it makes a big difference if the place is of a more relaxed atmosphere. Chinatown Cafe is our usual place when i t's just me and the kids. But Grace parked near Arch stone so Xinh is the most logical.
After that the kids went home and I stayed in Chinatown. Of course I forgot to bring my phone with me because I left my "children pack" with Grace, so I stood in the CCBA parking lot and yelled up to the school because the door was locked. An old lady was heading in and I ran to catch the door or wait for her to call someone. I suddenly realized that I was a guy with no kids around me wearing a hoodie. I listened in to her phone conversation for clues if she thought I was a potential mugger. Then I just started talking to her in Chinese. She may have recognized me. Anyway, Someone was coming out from our school and so I got in with no prob, and spent the next few hours talking about Kung Fu and nothing much.

Apparently the kids did their stances at home. Jonah doing "Diu ling ma" and saying what was the proper stance to Noah. Actually, since Jonah has been to so many kids classes with me where we do the stances he is more familiar with the stances.

Then I guess for story time, Noah chose the electricity book, "Switch on Switch Off." Noah tried to read it by rote, and Jonah kind of noticed that  he wasn't reading the words that were on the page, so he started helping Noah which really pissed Noah off. Noah then brought out a baby book for Jonah and said, "Here Dai Dai, THIS book is for you." Basically, know your place younger sibling.

I guess Noah cried a little because I wasn't there and they were sent to bed because Grace wanted to watch the Bruce Jenner special. I arrived home to catch it too. I will admit, I had no idea who Bruce Jenner was other than a guy on the Kardashian show which I only notice is on when Grace watches it, before I find something to read after I can't take watching it. But I was fascinated by HIS story.

I kind of wondered, would he have been an Olympic athlete had he become a woman or engendered female as a teenager? Or was it suffering that made him be able to accomplish that? Would he have had all those kids if he had become a woman earlier? Or... since h has been dressing as a woman this whole time anyway, but only now people know about it, does the whole thing not really make any difference at all other than he is happier because he can come out with it?

I found let down at the end because I felt like if he is comfortable why why didn't he just do the interview as a woman like that Navy Seal who changed gender? I mean it matters to him and his happiness, but why does it matter to me? Well I did learn who he was as an athlete etc.
Other than that  I had stayed up for no reason but now couldn't go to sleep. So Grace and I talked about nothing much until too late and of course Noah woke up at 6:00am. So we painted a dragon head and went biking and soccering after breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment