Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, April 10, 2015

Fancy kicks

Noah and I have started to really get into Kung Fu, and I have even regained some enthusiasm for learning some new things. For instance, I have looked up how to do some of the fancy Wushu kicks from Jade Xu. When I first saw her forms, I didn't like them, because I was looking at them from a a perspective of someone ho does traditional Kung Fu. But I like her tutorials. A lot of the warm ups and step by step stuff I never did, I would go into a split or just do the jump kick. But my jump kicks and my flexibility are a lot worse now, and I like the in between beginner stretches she does. When i was practicing so much, I felt like I didn't have time for that stuff. But now that I practice less, I feel like, sure why not do those. Not like a thousand of them, but just ten or so. And then I can work on those with Noah especially when the weather gets better. Of course we can't forget our basics. Perhaps will warm up with basics and then do fancy kicks on the field during the summer before playing in the playground, and then do our little traditional run trough at home. Maybe some stance work in the evenings. I think Noah will like that we would be working on something together, instead of me teaching him. Jonah is more into Yoga. So maybe he will like the dancy type kicks too.

Tonight Noah will be going to perform at a Lion dance. I'm pretty excited about it. It will be kind of difficult to get there in time since I have those classes to teach at his after school. I think I won't be doing that next year. Now that Noah likes Kung Fu and is ready, we have a lot to work on at home. Next year Jonah will probably be ready too and they will have to run through being head and tail together.


No comments:

Post a Comment