Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Infection fear

Jonah likes to bite his nails, which I tell him not to do because it is dirty. But today he has what looks like a horrible infection. Grace saw it last night but just thought it was a booger, glancing at it. But looking at it closely it makes my skin crawl. We called the doctor's office but they don't open until 8:30. The pediatric on call will call me back as soon as she can. If there is a morning appointment open we will take it so I guess, last minute, we will not be doing the Little Panda class. Jonah seems fine but what if what if what if. So today's little adventure will be to the doctor's office, and frankly I've never seen an infection that gross on a human before, even if it is small. It's green and yellow. I hope it's not gangrene or something like that. I didn't even notice it because I don't look at my kids fingers that much. This could also be from not washing hands enough, or properly. We always fight about the nail biting and washing hands. But I vaguely just thought these things would make him sick. I didn't realize it would manifest itself in just a visible monstrosity on your finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment