Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Money, numbers, and dreams

I spent much of the morning searching for the very chrome book I am now typing on, supposedly because I had to blog about a dream I had in which I made money every easily, and how that compares to dreams of flying very easily I use to have. Or I could have blogged about how Noah and I did Kung Fu at 6:30am outside. But would it kill me to have to use paper and pen and simply keep a dairy? I used to do this in middle school and ended up throwing books and books away of my inner musings about God and history when my mother died and I had to move out of the apartment. So I guess yes, it is important that I blog, because one day, my kids can pour through what I wrote. Of course they probably won't. Maybe they will be interested when I am dead. Well in that case only my grand kids might be mildly interested in what I wrote, and they would probably prefer a condensed version. My book for instance.  Which makes me feel like I should have done a better job on my book.

In any case, last night I dreamt that I was borrowing money from a bank, bought a property, sold the property for like $30,000 dollars more in a day and then went off to buy more property to rent to people. A voice in my head said, "see? Money is this made up thing you can just make appear out of nothing!"

Ironically as I was doing all this I was working far more than I do now. I mean, usually people dream or day dream about making millions so that they can stop working. Right now I do not work. So if I were to get money of a vast amount, I suppose I would (like in the dream) try to buy things that made money. In other words. I would earn money to start working, to get more money.

I guess I was so busy working in my dream that I needed to take a break from that by waking up and doing some meditation and Kung Fu outside with Noah, which was at 6:15 or so. We warmed up with the 5 Tibetan Rites, and some basics and kicks for 15 minutes. Then it was forms outside.

So in other words, my dreams were work. My actual life, was the leisurely dream.

Speaking of sleeping and resting. Yesterday after a vigorous playdate I was too tired to venture into Chinatown without a nap. Mommy was the first to Clonk Out. I soon joined her. Then eventually Noah found us. After burrowing into the covers for quite some time he exclaimed loudly (he was right next to my left ear), "Baba! What is the biggest real number that you know!?"

Mommy, in my right ear shouted, "Aiya Cha!" and then, "Get out of hear. Sleeping or get out." Eyes still closed.

All was quiet, and then try to sleep as I might I began shaking with laughter.

"Let me sleep!" she said.

I then repeated what was yelled in my left ear and then my right ear and she began shaking with laughter too.
"That was like 10 minutes ago."
"No that just happened."
Anyway this became a running joke throughout the day, Jonah sometimes interjecting as well with "Rayo's number or Loader's number? Which one is bigger infinty or Loader's number?"
"Infinity isn't a number. THat's why it's Loader's number." Noah would say.

I only mention all this because perhaps it is all these numbers which made me dream of money. Can't prove it, just a guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment