Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, April 20, 2015

Riding a bike

 Noah learned how to ride a bike today. It took some pushing and going down a hill. He did it in the rain without a helmet. But he learned to do it, and really he did it by himself. The best thing I did for him was ignore him. In fact I think part of parenting may very well be knowing when to ignore your child, or at least to pretend to ignore them. For instance right now they are playing together in the other room quite nicely. We had some arguing about the fact that I wasn't letting them watch TV. But I know once I turn that thing on it ain't going off. Also, I plan for us to watch a NOVA program about Math later. I tried to do a Kung Fu class on the field, for points. But Noah just wanted to ride his bike. He also wants to get points but his explanation for not doing the 5 point Kung Fu class even though he says he wants to do a 10 point Kung Fu class was, "But I'm so proud that I can ride my bike and now M can see that I can ride my bike. M is a friend of Noah's. I guess it is true. It isn't all about points.
Now I could step in and have a 5 point Kung Fu class now, which I might do if this little game I hear somehow goes bad and turns into a fight. But for now I will leave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment