Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, March 9, 2015

Two heads vs. One head

After Church I caught Jing on the way back. I went and sat with some friends for dim sum. I didn't eat because I was fasting that day. So actually I didn't even drink tea. Jing told me about a lion dance at 5pm at mission park and I said I might come with Noah and his small head.
I did come. I had forgotten how at these events 5pm could turn into 5:45 pm. but because of day light savings it was okay for us. Noah did his little dance and I held the tail. Noah started following along in Lion dance before he started working on his solo stuff. But now I noticed he does much better when he simply does the routine that we practice every day. When he is the second head, he gets confused and when he gets confused he often stops moving the head. This makes it look like he's not as good as he is and can only do a lion dance with me as the tail.
 Which is not true.

I think we will start working on what to do with two heads. He just has to get the ideas of spacing etc. We can't do a routine because any time he does two or more heads, he will be joining either Fu's team at Mission Park, or Jing's team in Chinatown. So he will have to free style it. He did okay. I'm just saying he can do better with some training focused on two heads.

He got so excited that he wanted to do another lion dance immediately. I guess I'll have to find more events that are appropriate for him. And maybe I'll remember to bring a belt so that he can tuck the tail into it. He might want me to be his tail, but it looks silly. That's another thing, maybe I should lengthen his tail, because the way it is now, I think Jonah won't go under because it is to easy to fall out of it. And if I mad ethe tail long enough, I guess I really could get in the tail. I'll look into that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment