Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Jonah



I've never seen this movie. Maybe I saw part of it at Red Oak after school and frankly it did not catch my eye. However, today at playgroup another mother started holding up a car and said, "Have you ever seen..."

"Back to the Future?" I said because it was the only movie I could think of with a flying car.

"No." she said and then started singing this song. Immediately Jonah's eyes brightened and he started flying his car close to hers and laughing. I tried to reproduce the joy in his eyes at home and it wasn't the same. We talked about it and I asked him why he liked it. Of course we have our own moments of joy mostly in volving riding on my back or hiding under the covers like it is our special cave. But this was a different kind of joy I hadn't seen in his face before. I think I will have to look into this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment