Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Mommy's Belly

"But Baba, I don't remember when I came out of Mommy's belly!" says Jonah as we were heading out the door today. I was trying to put on his shoes.
"I just can't remember when I came out of Mommy's womb!"
"That's okay most people don't remember."
"But Why?"
"Well I think some people believe you can access that memory through hypnosis or meditation but for the most part most people can't remember it, now let's go."
And off we raced to school. Noah got there right on time. Then we went to little Panda pretty early. Then we went to the library where there was a dance party which ended with Let it Go. Jonah was actually not interested. Jonah tried to grab a book from a baby, this caused some issues when I reprimanded him. And eventually we were at Back Bay station waiting for the bus, and eating a sausage egg and cheese sandwich because the egg and cheese sandwiches were gone.
Jonah swallowed some egg.
"But Baba, I don't want to go back into mommy's belly!" As if the conversation that started hours ago had not stopped and we had been talking about this the whole time.
"uhh well that's okay because you won't."
"But how do I get in there?"
"You don't. Unless you count that your seed will go into another woman and combine with her egg and then a new person that is part you will grow and come out of that Mommy, who will be that child's mommy but not yours. But that's not really you is it? So other than that, you only come out once."

I thought about how the story of the stork is such a bad thing for society. I mean, Freud talked about how all any man wanted to do was somehow get back into the womb, but obviously, this child who happens to know a little bit about the real story seems to be completely horrified by the concept of being trapped in the womb or having to be back in it. I mean, when you are an adult and someone tells you you just want to get back in the womb you either say nonsense, or okay, or I don't know. But Jonah is three, so he is closer to the event. So knowing what he thinks about it is actually kind of important right?

As I right this he says, "Baba when I was in mommy's belly I was very quiet. I couldn't talk to shao. I just had to be very quiet inside." Anyway, suddenly today, it has become an issue of importance for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment