Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Sick on St. Patrick's day

Noah threw up last night so no Irish Concert for him. And this morning, well he seemed out of it enough to keep him home. At 9am I regretted keeping him home because he seemed to be playing with Jonah fine. Perhaps I had protected my feeling and Grace's bedridden state on Sunday onto Noah. But then 10 minutes later his playing was very subdued and consisted of just hiding and not moving under the lion head with Jonah. Then he just crawled onto the couch and lay down under blankets staring out at the world in a daze. Okay it was good I kept him home then. He watch me do some stances. I was attempting to sweat. After all I felt really good when I did that lion dance with Noah in Quincy, mainly because I was wearing so many clothes and indoors and sweat so much. I believe the sickness hit me hardest then and then just got sweat out.
Plus I discovered that my main problem is probably stance. I have been neglecting it and found that holding horse stance for two minutes was actually painful. On a good note that means to improve it will not take a two hour horse stance session everyday. In fact a two minute session now and then will improve me greatly.

"Now even though you're sick we are going to do Kung Fu later. We'll just do it in slow motion. Okay?"
blank stare.
"I'll show you how. You can do Kung Fu when you are sick you just practice differently. In fact even when you are not sick you should practice in slow motion sometimes, like mein lay jum."

"Like this?" Noah said still laying down throwing a very slow motion punch."

"That's right! We'll do that a little later okay."

Blank staring nod.

Of course now he is watching TV in the dining room (Jonah requested an early lunch so I made them a sort of Jook of leftovers) But even simulation is not too good. Soon I think we'll head up to read stories and try to actually nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment