Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Tiger Fork



This is a video of our team on Chinese New Year. But since this is my blog I'm going to write primarily about myself. I am the guy with the red back pack. Mostly I'm drumming and I come in at the end and do a tiger fork form, my Lion Dancing got edited out. I'm just going to recount some conversation that I heard second hand.

Z: I like the white guys Tiger Fork.

M: He used to be better. Before he was more sut jiang.



I think Sut Jiang means stronger, tighter technique. Watching this form, I do notice that it look somewhat feeble compared to a video of me from a previous year. I would like to think that the back pack and the oranges in my pockets are a reason for this. But actually I know that it has to do with lack of practice. I still practice, but how often to I practice a form and how often do I do so with a weapon. I used to spend a certain amount of time  a day (even after having kids) freestyling in a martial environment, often with weapons. This was possible with Noah. But with Jonah, not so much

No comments:

Post a Comment