Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, March 26, 2020

ye jook

Before when I heard about eating ye jook meaning that you practiced real kung fu I thought it meant you were so bad ass that you practiced all day and all night. But now it means something ih ngbdifgerent. Yes I had time to practice King Fu earlier in the day when my kids were asking me questions and I was doing other things and washing dishes and eating and all that. I had time...  but did I have focus? Even though right now in the middle of the noght6I am not practicing particularly hard... I feel that I am at least actually able to practice. Now granted, I could have played caked with my kids and worked some sort of play time into training the way I so often did on the playground when they were smaller. Even though that practice isnt as focused it may even be better because it would be dealing with another person and be more dynamic. It may even be better than practicing alone in the dark and not ne6trying that hard and being limited by the space and all that. But practicing in the dark when everyone else is asleep has a different mental feeling. I mean just compare this little writing session with the two sentences I tried to string together earlier in day light when I "had time."

No comments:

Post a Comment