Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Advanced class?

So for Kung Fu the kids decided not only to have separate classes but to alternate days. This works for me. I put on a mask to teach Shao cause although its unlikely I caught anything from the package pass, and it's highly likely if I did then we are all screwed anyway.... I dont know I just put it on. Yesterday with Jonah we did only the first four standing g basics and only 20 each, but we got down real low in horse stance to do them. For waling basics I just did Chuen pow cup cause those three moves were always the famous ones in Taishan. Then we did Luk Lik real slow. 六 力。Cool, keep forgetting I can type on Chinese as long as I can figure out the Pin yin. That actually took about an hour believe it or not. We took breaks and stuff though. With Noah today I had him do basics freestyle one his own. And he has gotten worse partially because of all the screen time affecting posture, but also he doesnt do well on the spot. He does better when doing the moves himse6when no o e is watching and these past few years he has preferred weapons. So we argued cause he just doesnt take coaching well. But then we moved on to
 十字 and I worked with him on drilling some of the moves in a striking format. Then he did a stick form and a sword form. Part of Guan Gong do, and then some milk tai chi with some light grappling l ok ke drills and then from a more Yoga like perspective just to get balance. I think we did all that in 30 minutes actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment