Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

rabbit Ram head

I did the first coat of paper mache over this creature I made. It has a horn like a Kei Lun and Nian. But it also has bunny ears and ram horns. It kind if looks evil and a. It like a fertility pagan demon with sharp teeth. A little like Seshomaru actually. I didnt want to use flour for paper mache because in this time of social distance quarantine flour is very valuable. We use it to make bread. Instead I used some wood glue which I had bought to patch up the drum I had which had cracked a bit. I may have made the mixture too watery... but I'm getting better at it and am confident the next head I make with paper mache wont have a paper mache problem. Here are the next two projects I am planning after this head is done. I want to make a lion head. Real sized. But I need more bamboo. I don't want to have to get cheap with the bamboo strips. But also.... I want to make the whole head entirely out of bamboo. That is to say, it will be a fram that is so reinforced that it won't require paper mache. This just means putting more strips and weaving them into the frame. I also want to heat some bamboo poles to bend them to be the main parts of the frame in addition to thinner bamboo strips. I am sure this will all be more difficult than I imagine but I hope it will like cool and be freaking strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment