Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, March 27, 2020

disconnect

Does anyone else feel like there is a real disconnect between what I am experiencing in life, basically as a frog at the bottom of the well, and what I am seeing on the news? The news comes from New York which is not that far away. And even local news.... I mean I feel like... okay we are almost good. It could be time to go outside now....but then I read. Ot only about deaths buy the way in which it happens and I am like, hell no.  We are not leaving the house.  Even if we somehow catch it, then we will handle it all here live or die. Because it really doesn't look like there is much they can do for you anyway. In China they had Hazmat suits on... but the doctors and nurses in NY are wearing a flimsy looking mask and no goggles...almostbas if nobody in this country was following the South China Morning post or countless other online media covering China... which had video and subtitles. Maybe they could be considered unreliable I don't know, but better than  nothing. It was in English too btw. I am realizing that no...even if we open up... I might have to put my foot down and really say that no we are going to be the "crazy ones" and just not leave the house. I am also seeing that what I called social distancing is what others would have called quarantine. And what they call social distancing....I think I would have considered to be just normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment