Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Where's Baba

Yesterday I went to the Kung Fu Federation August Moon Banquet. There was cool Kung Fu performances and one of the highlights was a gift from a Silat and Escrima school from Salem. A knife with a handle made of Buffalo horn. Very cool.
I hung out with friends that I rarely get to hang out with, and despite having injured my self, I did my Fu Hok Song Ying Kuen form. I was going to cop out and do an easier one but Chairman Yee kept talking about how great the Kung Fu performance was going to be and all that so I figured I would try and do my best form.

Meanwhile Noah was like, "Where's Baba?" Not just asking, but yelling out the window down the street, "BaaaaaBaaaa!!!!!!"

"Shao," Grace said, "When you miss Baba, just look at Dai Dai." So Dai Dai put his finger on his upper lip and started cracking up. Basically Dai Dai's face is my face, except that I have a birthmark on my upper lip. But if he puts his finger there, you can't see if he has a dot or not.

"Your the only Baba in the world now." said Noah.

"It's okay Shao." said Jonah, pretending to be Baba. And I guess they walked around the house holding hands.

Later on after I did Kung Fu I ended up drinking, which I haven't done in at least two years. I'm not sure if I drank too much. Maybe I drank a little too much, but that is inevitable.

This morning the children were excited to see I was home and began yelling and galloping around the house at 6 am.

 Time to go! Put on your sneakers!

We went across the street for apples and then to the park where I did my internal Kung Fu stuff. I think I'm going to be sticking to that type of exercise because I can do it hung over and injured. Plus people do it when they are old and it seems to keep them living longer so that's what I'll be sticking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment