Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, September 3, 2015

My Theme song



I was introduced to this song, part of a suite called the planets.. at Band Camp. The song that the orchestra was going to play was Mars.. which I vaguely now remembering be presented to me as part of my education through school but I have no context.



But it was this song, Jupiter which captured me.



My orchestra teacher in High school started talking about it, not knowing the name and I answered all the questions because it was one of the only CD's I had ever bought and listened to constantly, pressing repeat for the small theme which was turned into a British Nationalist Hymn during WW2 (I think.) My country to thee I pledge or something. Mr. Borg, (My orchestra teacher) had mentioned that as part of his story. All teh Brits in his orchestra had stood up hands over heart when they played the Jupiter song.



I later heard again in Japan as a pop song,



And then again at Stonehill College for commencement. They had taken the tune and made it into the school song, which in college you don't often hear.



Today, my neighbor is playing it on the violin, or viola. Not sure which. Not sure which child was playing it either.



But I take it as a sign. or one of many signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment