Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Dragon Stick

Dim Sum today. Since it is a Tuesday Grace felt t was like a real dim sum. I.e. unrushed, lazily drinking tea ordering one dish per hour. I thought that Grace hated that? well at least she used to. But now she wanted to savor her Chrysanthemum tea. But guess what? the kids still get bored. I was determined to get some pictures about Chinatown because I decided I want them decorating my blog. Problem is a picture of the gate that is owned by someone else could give me some issues. I think today was the first time I took a picture of the gate for myself. I felt like a tourist. So I started doing touristy stuff. Like buying stupid shit.
We saw a Dragon Cane for .99. If it was in a martial arts store it would be 6 dollars I think. So I bought it. It's cheap wood and we have no shortage of sticks at home for free. But it looks pretty and Noah likes it. It's cheaper than a light saber.
Plus, have you ever seen that Triad movie "the Election." In Chinese it's just called Hak se wui. But the plot revolves around a Dragon stick, a wah si gwun. Whoever holds the stick is in charge, like some sort of caveman thing except with organized crime claiming lineage to Shaolin.
Since in Boston these organizations are legit, I thought it would be cool to somehow incorporate a Dragon stick or cane, maybe like a gift to the Mayor. The Irish understand that kind of thing. Like a sacred Shilelagh.

There was a spoof on all the HK gangster movies that had a ton of these Dragon Canes, the true one being one with a label, "Made in Hong Kong." Since it was originally carved out of a chair.

In any case, maybe I can use this cane somehow with my little Kung Fu group in JP. A talking stick. Something.

No comments:

Post a Comment