Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, September 7, 2015

Beach.

We've been enjoying the water a lot lately. Perhaps sensing that fall and school will soon be upon us. Swimming at Wollaston's was great today. You would think that I wouldn't be able to swim in such shallow water when the rocky and sharp shelled bottom was difficult to walk on. But actually this meant that it was also shallow for my kids, and that they wouldn't move around too fast. I basically did the breast stroke and was satisfied with that. I even kept my hat on. I just needed to move around to keep warm. It wasn't until I got out that I noticed how hot it was. Without breeze it was unbearably so.
You wouldn't think of Quincy or New England in general as a place to lounge in the ocean, but it was quite nice. Tony's Clam House (or something like that) was pretty good too.
Grace mentioned that a third of the people in there were Chinese. I'm beginning to think that if you want to find good food, any type of good food not just Chinese food, you have to follow the Chinese people. The reason is Chinese people really care about what they eat. It has to be good or they wouldn't go there. The more Chinese the better. In fact if they are Mainlanders that don't speak English and you still see them eating fried clams... then the place has to be good.

We set up our little tent and ate our meal with our view of the water. A Seagull looked at us. Noah aimed a pebble at him and completely missed, but he got the point. Two hours of that and we were ready to go home. The beaches here aren't touristy with sand dumped on them, but parking is accessible and free.

I love New England. And believe it or not, I will still love New England because I like the winter's here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment