Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sing Bahn

Noah has moved up to the next classroom. At first he seemed fine, but then yesterday he saw one of the Teacher's Assistants on the train. After she left he got sad and said he wanted to see her, and Ms Harriet (the Dolphin's teacher) and go to the Dolphins classroom. He said he "forgot" to go to Dolphins today and wanted to go to see them either tomorrow or on Thursday. He started getting real pissed off with me when I explained that he was no longer in Dolphins class, he was now in the Stars class. It's not that he doens't like Stars. He used to get to play there all the time because after 4:30 or whatever, the Dolphin kids go to Stars classroom because most kids have gone home and they just combine the classrooms. He liked going to the new class. But he didn't like the notion that he couldn't go back.
"You can visit." I said. And in fact it is true. After all, I went to acorn when I was Noah's age, and here I am back at acorn and almost 30, and indeed some of the teachers are still there.

Actually some of the admins had brought out some pictures of my era, and there I was looking like Jonah in the old building. I have to say looking at those pictures, were fun and I do want to post them on facebook, but they were also depressing. Chinatown is a lot nicer now. Don't get me wrong, there are still some old world looking alleys and streets, and those alleys and streets are cool. They are really cool because of the modern buildings surrounding them. However in those old pictures, the only modern building is the hospital and there it is, invading, because it wasn't that friendly toward Chinese patients yet. And then there are all these parking lots and there is just a nasty wasteland like feel to Chinatown in those old pictures. I also can't believe I was alive when people were wearing the stuff that people were wearing in those photos. I think Noah and Jonah will look back at their pictures and see parks playgrounds, lots of green, lots of trees, and even the playgrounds we do go to that are in the poorer neighborhoods still have an aesthetically pleasing look to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment