Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Left Handed

Recently I've my patience has been wearing thin with Jonah. And it was only today that I realized the main reason. He is left handed. "WTF i?" is my problem, you may ask. Jonah is 2 now and very demmanding. But so was Noah. Jonah constantly wants to cling to me. But so did Noah. Jonah smacks me in the face constantly, but so did Noah.... except Noah was right handed. And I always held Noah in my right hand (at least after the lighter Jonah was born) and held Jonah with my left. Both he and I have gotten used to the arrangement. So I'll be holding him, looking for where to go, or when to cross the street, or something I need to pick up, like a diaper bag and then "wack wack wack" followed by laughter. I'm getting smacked in  the face and I didn't see it coming. Right handed jabs and left handed haymakers that hit me where I'm more open because I am not used to them coming from that angle. I'm open. My reflexes aren't the same.
Yeah Jonah's going to give me a hard time, and probably it will get worse as he gets older.
I really understood he was left handed when I tried to show him how to hold a bat yesterday and he got mad at me and stood the other way, flipped it around and got into a perfect batting posture, for a lefty.
Well I guess I should take advantage of his left handedness and pick sports where it will be to his benefit.

Ironically, Grandma was just up here yelling at him for using his spoon with his left hand. "Not the left hand, not the left hand." She's old, and I get that the past generations had something against left handed people. Sinister means left handed. But the main reason for that is probably just because lefties that should have been lesser fighters were able to easily drop or kill superior right handed ones, simply because of their being dominant with the hand that most people are weaker with. It's a benefit, to be left handed.
But yeah, it's annoying for my face and trying for my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment