Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Dance Party

A friend of mine had a birthday party at his house. I know him through a playgroup that both Jonah and his son attend. It occurred to me that all of my "friends" are actually parents of kind who play with my kids. Either that or they are friends that I hardly ever talk to anymore (except for facebook).
Anyway his basement was tricked out with disco ball and stuff like that. We arrived early and I'm sure more people actually arrived later, but while we were there it was more of a play date. Still cool. Jonah's friend had all these dance moves and break dance moves. Now obviously they were the moves of a three year old, but still you could tell he was trying to do something he had seen before and was comfortable doing it.
Kind of like my kids are very comfortable doing Kung Fu or pretending to do Lion dance and the like.
But Jonah was scared at first, of the loud music (not as loud as a drum I don't think) and the environment (which was just new to him.) But eventually he did try to do some of the moves his friend was doing and it was pretty funny to watch them dancing together (mostly stepping on the lights that reflected off the floor and moved across it as the disco ball and other stuff spun.
Pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment