Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gong Gong's visit

The in laws came up yesterday and were treated to a Patriots game with Grace. I stayed home with the children, although Grace's posts to Facebook do not reflect this minor detail. I am not really a sports fan anyway so it's not like I really minded. Instead for some reason I indulged myself by watching more Sherlock. Jonah will watch this show with me. You would think it is too violent but anytime you are about to see something violent, you don't. It's edited that way. Noah however was quite scared of Moriarti yelling.
Okay so that part was sort of scary, but then at the next episode when the song comes on Jonah was like, "I like this song."
Well we went to bed slightly later than usual. Mainly because the kids were so excited and usually Jonah sleeps with mommy. Instead he just kept switching beds/cribs, floor and crawling on me.
This morning I woke up and decided I would go work out. Not just because I had the opportunity. Also because I had to get out of the house. It's not exactly crowded, it's just that I like my space I guess. I think that's why the old Chinese people in China get up so early every morning to practice.
I mean people say it's because of the heat, or because the chi is better in the morning especially under trees. But if you are working out in Tiananmen square or some other Beijing park the Chi sucks real bad all the time.
Maybe it's slightly better in the morning. Maybe.
I think the real reason is they need to get out and be away from family (not people because the park is crowded too) and if you are doing various Kung Fu moves strangers (in China) probably aren't going to start asking you questions. Mid day in America I've noticed people will ask you questions or say something like "WAuuuuuu!!!" is they are passing by. Not in the morning though, and not in JP. There is mostly dog walkers around and other people working out. Plus in JP, where people have tattoos, do yoga, live in communes, and I swear I've seen some people doing witchcraft n the woods, Martial arts is simply not the weirdest or  non-mainstream thing to be seen. In fact I've seen a guy doing his moves and I won't comment on the art itself, but as far as his hairstyle, beard and Samurai pony tail hair, he looks more out of the norm than I do. People still watch me but that doesn't bother me as long as it's from a distance. In some ways there is more peace and quiet in a crowd of strangers than when you are it home with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment