Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Quincy August Moon

Whenever I go to Quincy it's kind of like some sort of parallel universe for me. I haven't left Massachusetts, I'm surrounded by Chinese people, and yet instead of recognizing 70% of the faces in the crowd, I only recognize 1%. But yeah I still bumped into some people I know. It was interesting too to see the different personalities of the very similar August Moon Festivals. Quincy had rides and jumpy houses and ponies which was cool. It is also one long street instead for short streets. And I guess more free stuff and cheaper stuff. I realized while I was watching the performances that I wasn't really watching them so much as just being with the crowd. It's fun to be with the crowd, and Noah enjoyed everything that was performed, The pretty costumes, pretty girls, pretty music. Children swinging sticks and breaking boards. Old people singing Chinese opera. I rarely get to just watch, because I'm usually part of the thing and have to prepare or something. They were selling shirts at this one. I almost bought one, but decided not to. I really would have bought the Chinatown shirt though because it had the moon lady on it. I really wanted it. This one had a panda, which is cool, but I don't need it. Anyway back home now.


No comments:

Post a Comment