Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Noah's Training video

Here is a taste of what my in home kids classes are like. You can see three different levels here, but everyone still practices together and learns from each other. Then of course we have play time as well.
Since Chinese New Year is over, I dropped the lion dance part of the class. Strangely this was the most stressful part because only Noah had any interest in Lion Dance, and even then he didn't want  to keep doing it when nobody else did.

The kids could "spar" with me for hours if I let them. But I don't let them unless I feel like they are learning what I am trying to teach them. Other wise they will just pick up bad habits. Mainly I am a wooden dummy and I am trying to introduce concepts of moving your feet, distance, and protecting yourself with the jab, or other strike. But Jabbing is what they learn first. I guess it's not a real jab because most of them use their dominant hand. for it their punch.

Come to think of it, I should make them jab from both sides next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment