Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, February 13, 2016

5:30am Practice vs. 7:00am vs. 8:30am

Today I was up at 5:00am I had an idea about Chinatown's festival so I sent off an e-mail instead of going back to sleep, but then I was definitely awake and it was a choice between mediatation, reading or maybe even going outside to practice Kung Fu.

I went with Kung Fu.

Here's the thing. I started off doing my morning exercise for myself with the idea that I would actually have a class. A class can't be in the dark so i made it at 8:30am after I dropped off the kids.

Then I realized, maybe people would actually be able to come if it was at 7:00am before work or something. Plus I could get the kids involved.... the second I got the kids involved it became not a good workout for me. Even if I went through the same motions, it was torture.

I didn't even have them follow along, these kids were sledding. But it was still torture because inevitably they would need me for something. I ended up getting there "late" but... at least we got to school on time. And then I finished up my workout after I dropped them off.

But I realized, who are these "classes" for. They are for me. So today I went to the park in the dark.

I brought my sticks too because it is Saturday. Saturday and Sunday I do weaponry because I don't have the kids with me... and they are sort of my cheat days. Tomorrow I will not even practice in the morning I think, because I will be doing Lion Dance all day. Then the weekdays are Mein Lay jum, basics, and I try to do every hand form i know.


Recently I've been getting tired and I think it's because I have Strep. I'm not contagious though because I've been on penicillin. Anyway, I've been doing less instead of more.

I think I'm going to stick to my 5:30 am time and just accept that it's not a class really, it's just me practicing, And if anyone wants to learn from me at the park, I guess it will be by chance or arrangement. Which actually makes more sense anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment