Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, February 12, 2016

Controversy?



I read the lyrics at this site.

And there are a lot of videos out there talking about how this performance was bad for the country or is dividing it.

I will say it was difference than this performance.


Basically in this second video, all you see is that Beyonce is hot, and that she is singing to you. (no matter who you are.. that is if you are attracted to her.)

In the "controversial video" she has a black agenda. What my friend said was this:
When I saw it, I knew Beyonce was gonna be under fire. She is an American sweetheart. Blonde hair. Light.It's like she tricked white people. That's how folks feel


Another friend of mine shared this video with me.


And I can sort of see this point of view. But I sort of felt like I had to point out that I disagreed with it. 
And then his friend David C Yee, posted, and I felt like he conveyed what I wanted to say better than I could. 

Let's start off with this I don't like this chick reporter. I don't like the crying entitled either. Beyonce took a bold move to make a national statement. I personally would not have choose this route however I'm not going to crucify her. I understand were she is coming from and her position in her Position. This was nothing but an attempt to send a message that Black lives Matter to the color Blue. Simple. Nothing more.
It's not just her, it's not just the black race, it''s all of Society that have or have witnessed unnecessary Police brutality and so called "Justified" shooting/Killing of people that may or may not of deserved it, BUT not for that situation and nor for them to make that call. Now it just so happens that this issue is a Nationwide issue that statistics show that the Black race is off the charts.
Are they all unjustified? Of course not. Are they all justified? Of course not! But the power of social media has raised enough awareness that it's a larger number of unjust that the media or government wants to acknowledge. And when it's brought to light, nothing has changed or no changes have been made to Police training and nothing has been enforced down from the Commissioners.
So this is her peaceful attempt to keep society aware that things need to change. If not her and if not at that arena, then where else if someone needed to make a large enough subtle enough statement in her Position because the issue is big enough matter to her and her people?
As for the Black Panthers, I have not heard of or educated myself with any situation that they promoted violence but Defense like Adam mentioned. Let's not forget what people of COLOR went through, lived through with their own Flesh and Blood back then, pre-70's era.
Can anyone really disagree with any Person(s) or any Race to group together to protect themselves from any other race or group that have inflicted harm to them and I Mean INFLICT SERIOUS HARM because of ones color of skin? Has anyone here ever experienced that in school back then? Let this stew for a bit.....
Always look at things from from 3 sides, not just yours but theirs and neutral party. If a lot more people do this, we all can be a better person in society. Doesn't have to be perfect just put in your fair share and don't worry about a return.


Now especially when David says to view things 3 ways.. that is how I always try to view things. So I respect when my friends share stuff with me that I do not agree with. I think it's important to look at that viewpoint as well. Before I saw all thee videos, I actually wasn't going to even watch Beyonce's performance because, I had happened to miss it, and even if I had watched it, I would have just been mildly entertained by it and thought nothing more about it. I will say, of the two performances I prefer last years, because she shows more skin, and I feel like she is singing to me.. This year it's clear that she is talking about enjoying her black man (who she is married to so isn't that right?)...(but then they let the white guy in there at the end too as if to say, "I said all that political stuff but I still love you too as long as you buy my records") So if you do the numbers, where last year everyone can come to her altar to worship her, this year she just picked a favorite, so she will make less money.

The politics are there, but are they as strong as other artists (who are not as popular) no.

In the end every single video I posted is a hot woman (including Lahren) saying stuff and the script is written, people are attracted to the face and the message (in order of posting they are Black Activism, Hotness, and Conservative Activism) and that drives money. Again, I guess my favorite was the one in the middle. And in terms of sexism, they are all sexist and I am therefore somewhat empowered (as a man) watching all of them.

David C. Yee also added.
Without MLK, Black Panther movement and everyone else that stood up to the rest of society that promoted their kids to through eggs, feces, nooses and so much more but too sensitive for me to bring up on to post to none other than Colored people, not just Black my friends. Anybody of any color such bear this pain and experience for themselves and there family.
Without MLK, Black Panther movement and everyone else that stood up to the rest of society my people of Asian decent, in particular Chinese immigrants would not have the privileges of today. Because my ancestors in my knowledge have the power of a movement to gain respect or equal rights like they did for all Color. Who knows? Today I may be known as that "f*ckin egg roll delivery guy that took too long". Because I rode a bicycle cause I wasn't allowed to own a car.
So this movement safe me from being that chinamen on a bicycle? Hell yeah! I deliver pizza now with a car. Word!

I guess I should point out too that it is Black History Month, so it's a good time to talk about this stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment