Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, January 25, 2016

Lion Dances for the Quincy School system

There were a few years that our lion dance team performed at the Montclair and Wollaston school. In the past we had a lot of members of our Lion Dance team that worked for themselves or were between jobs, or were stay at home parents... but times have changed. Last year we did not have that many people who were free. But Noahs' Gong Gong happened to be up here. Not for Chinese New Year. But because of all the snow, the Chinese New Year festivities happened in march and Gong Gong was here because it was warm enough for him to now return.

In any case, with his help and the help of my Si Hing, we did a little performance. Gong Gong even made a little video.



They called me up this year and I was super excited to do it again. There was only one problem, I don't drive. Not only that, but even if I did, Grace had to work so I wouldn't have the car. 

My Si Hing was also busy. I had to say no....


But to tell the truth I really wanted to do it anyway. But I realized that it just wouldn't be that good of a decision. If the kids were older, like 8 and 10. I might have done it. I would totally even sleep over at the school just to perform in the morning. Though I'm sure that's illegal. Why would I do that? Do I like lion dance that much? Well I tell you I like it that much when the performance is for children at a school. You really get a good feeling about it. I mean I could take the T and walk , but could my kids walk that far? I'm not sure. Plus I would have to carry equipment... how?

The only way I can justify  not doing this thing for these two schools is that I will be doing something with my kids for New Year at their school... which I may be doing for free... but it will be a lot more manageable.


Why am I writing about this? Tomorrow is the day of their Chinese New Year celebration.
I wonder if they found a team to perform? What will they do instead if they don't? I feel kind of bummed about not doing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment