Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hyde Square Task Force performance.

Cheung Family Kung Fu did a performance for Hyde Square Task force yesterday. It was going to be a book reading too, but Grace suggested that I keep it all as a particpatory Lion Dance workshop since it was mostly children that showed up. Noah did his freestyle and lion dance and I taught a mini class. All in all it was a good time.
However, I want Noah to perform his Sup Ji for August Moon, which is a week away, so I think I will frce him to run through it 3 times a day from now until then. It would be nice if he could do his freestyle and stick and sword form as well, but I'm not sure about the time constraints for our performance that day. We'll have to see.

I am taking my time editing my new book, "Kung Fu and Cooking" which is in the perspective of Peter's son who is now 10-14 years old in the book.

I've got a long way to go for that.

I have also started a new series called Super Shao and Daiderbunny. This children's books will explore some of the questions that my kids ask me that are not just curious but also socially difficult and touchy in terms of political correctness... and yet they are legitimate children's questions.
The first question I will deal with is, "What is a Nuclear Bomb?" and the questions that surround it. How does it work? IS there nuclear power in nature? What happens when one goes off on a city? Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Why did that happen? who bombed who? Who is the bad guy and who is the good guy?

See difficult questions.

Super Shao and Daiderbunny will be lead through the answers by my version of the Monkey King and Guan Yin. Except my Monkey King was not born from a stone. Instead he is an immortal primate that first picked up a  stick. And Guan Yin represents the Goddess in general in all cultures. But this back story will be told in snippets. Oh yeah, and in my version their married. Again, though this isn't that important to the plot of the first book.



No comments:

Post a Comment