Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, August 14, 2015

Trapped on the porch .

We found a nectarine seed that had started to sprout. Would that take root? Would it have to be grown inside in the winter? In any case, me and Noah ended up on the porch. In fact, Jonah was out there with us for a while, but then suddenly disappeared. After some time I began to feel the allergues kick in, and besides were were supposed to leave for the Science Museum right about now. Technically, 20 minutes ago. But whatever, soon.
The door was locked. It only locks from the inside. Did it somehow just become locked accidentally? I mean, Jonah doesn't have that type of motor skills. I knock on the glass to get Grace's attention. Then Noah begins knocking as if he is going to break it. I try to make him understand why I am knocking on the glass and to not just copy what I do but harder. "What are you trying to do?" I ask him. But I am getting frustrated. "Don't just do things you are going to break the glass and that is not what we want."

I jiggle the handle and pull a little harder to see if that is the trouble but it is definitely locked. Again, Noah does what I just did except with less purpose and seemingly to try and break the thing open. We try to open the screen but I don't want to break that either.

Well no matter. Grace had to come down stairs at some point because we were leaving soon. After all how long does it take a woman to get ready....
crap.

Meanwhile, Grace put on make up and had a nice long discussion with Jonah about their dreams and their love for each other. "Nobody knows how much I love you." said Jonah, "Even more than infimily." which is his version of infinity.

"What is that banging sound Dai Dai."

"That's nothing mommy. It's only construction."

I swear to God the minutes became tens of minutes and perhaps even one hour. Okay no. Not one hour. But still.

I asked some woman passing by if she could ring the doorbell. I heard it ring and I thanked her.
Grace claimed she never heard it.

"Wait I have to check on something." Jonah would say every once in a while and go downstairs. Though we never saw him Until finally, we did.

"Dai Dai open the door!" yelled Shao.

"I can't!" yelled Dai Dai after trying.

"Go tell Mommy to do it." I said.

"But Mommy is putting on makeup." said Dai Dai.

WTF


"Go tell mommy to come open the door so we can go in the house."

Finally we were allowed back in and prepared our trip to the Science Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment