Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, August 30, 2015

whips and chains

We have been making a bunch of whips out of duct tape. But they are sort of more dangerous and difficult to make strong than I thought. Then I found out that the Indiana Jones trick of swinging from something, is a Hollywood trick. Well we have them anyway.

But what I started working on instead of the rope dart/meteor chain. Mine isn't a chain. It's a string with a cloth ball at the end. I had made one a while ago with a tennis ball but I think I lost it at the playground. It was pretty useful because you could hang it up and use it as a target too.

In any case, since I really don't know much about this weapon myself, it has been sort of exciting for me. I'm actually learning something new. Plus it's fun for the kids to play with too. Plus I can easily two of them, heck six of them if I make that many, in my back pack if I wanted too.

The most memorable location where I first busted out with this was when we had a little picnic at  the park. Noah wanted to fight with something and I saw I had this in my back pack. Eventually the game turned into him throwing things at me and I was trying to get him with the cloth ball.

Later I actually just started practicing hitting the tree with my cloth ball on a string while circling and that sort of thing. Then Jonah and I played, how far can you throw the ball or sling the ball. Which is farther? etc.

Well, if you use a para cord I think you actually can swing from a branch with this weapon/toy and their a lof easier to make. So I think we'll be focusing on this for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment