Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, February 13, 2015

Noah Performs for his Class

Today Noah's class did a common Valentines and Chinese New Year's and Tet celebration. Another family did some explanation of Tet and Chinese New Year and Lai Si (every kid got one with a dollar) and then explained the traditional Ao dai (pronounced Ao yai)
Then I did the Lion Dance story and Noah performed his little dance. Jonah did not hold the tail, instead Noah's friend did. The only thing I didn't like about it was the drum I played did seem loud enough. It was loud enough at home but failed to fill the space of the classroom. It was just so exciting to see my son perform and to drum for him. But I need to get a real drum or at least a louder drum.

I didn't get video but hopefully the teacher got some pictures and hopefully the other family too.

I was going to bring the Big Lion head but then realized now that Noah can actually do a real lion dance, who needs me to do it? I mean maybe the bigger head would have been a little more exciting but it might have also been scary.

The next thing up for Noah in terms of performing is our little parade we will do on our block. Maybe Jonah will start practicing so that he can participate now that he saw that it can result in a performance.

Jonah was pretty excited about being in school. I think he will do well next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment