Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Box of books

It was an amazing feeling to get the Books that I ordered. To see finally in my hands what had started as an idea. To write a book titled "Kung Fu and Love." In fact the idea was an off the cuff one. My friend said, "You're a Sifu. You know Kung Fu. But I don't care about Kung Fu so how is this going to relate to my life? You should write a book about Kung Fu and" he gestured to the stove, " and then gestured to the air, "Kung Fu and Love."
Needless to say I picked Kung Fu and Love first. But I do indeed plan on writing Kung Fu and Cooking as well. But I have some other projects I'm working on first. Now the only question is, How do I sell the books that I have? In my mind, these books were something that I could sell at the end of a lion dance presentation. Not like at a wedding or a store opening. But you know, the type of Lion Dance and King Fu demonstrations that are more workshops. The educational sort. The sort that is more talking and some drumming and Kung Fu and Lion Dance and teaching. But mostly talking.
My Si Hing would like it. I mean while the performers rest gasping for air preparing to do the Kung Fu aspect of the performance, what better time to do a reading from my book? I mean usually I tell the story of the Nian and the Lion and all that. But Now I could just read. It kind of gives you an extra scholarly feel to your Sifu-ness you know what I mean?
But now the more I think about it, the book I wrote, might not be a good match for that type of scene. I mean, my book is not a kids book, so I can't read it for elementary schools. Well I could read parts of it, but how could I sell it? So now I should probably contact Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center, and the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association (probably after the Chinese New Year scramble) and see if I can't set up some sort of book signing thing there and see where I can go from there. I heard mention of a book store "East Meets West" and I should probably check that out too. But honestly one of the most exciting things I plan to do, is sign one book and give it to my Si Hing, hopefully to put up by the schools sign. There are a couple of ancient looking texts up there right now, with titles in Chinese. One of them is the 9 yin manual and the other the flower manual. These are actually fictional titles from Kung Fu novels and whoever takes the bate and actually looks inside the book will find that they are blank. My Si Hing has a sense of humor. But it would be cool to have my book up there. Like a trophy you know? Anyway, visitors could actually have something to read.

Well Check out my book on Amazon. Kung Fu and Love. I'm trying to sell it on Kindle too but I guess they are reviewing it for that.

Also if you read my blog and have any ideas on how I should sell this please comment. And also, by my book! It will make a great Valentines gift! And if you read it and like it please tell people about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment