Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, February 19, 2015

New Year's morning.

I ended up staying up all night lat night. Not because it is the tradition but because the kids fell asleep and when Grace got home we watched suits and then hung out. But it happens to be the tradition too. This morning Jonah ran down stairs crying. "Gung Hei Faht Choi!" I said handing him a red envelope.
"Gung hei Faht Choi!" he screamed back crying like it was a swear or something and ran from the red envelope like it would hurt him. Great.

He eventually came around though two seconds later.

Noah knew what this was about sort of, but asked why the 100 dollar bill was so small.
"Umm because it is real." He is used to the play money. Noah somehow felt that something was wrong. Why was he getting real money? It almost made him nervous.

Actually when he first woke up and I said "Gung hei faht choi" his response was, "Why are you saying things?"

Because it's Chinese New Year.

"But it doesn't feel like Chinese New Year."

I suppose you are right Noah.

I tried to give them Chinese New Year candy but the container was pretty difficult to open. We'll try again for lunch, and then I'll give out some New Year's present because Noah' right, currency has no real meaning to them. In fact the big money that is fake is of more use to them.

Well I guess I have to use the internet to put something Chinese New Year like on. But then, the kids are happy watching sprout right now. I have to go shovel and then prepare for my little homemade parade.

Sun tai geen hong!!! Sun tai geen Hong!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment