Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

New Year's Eve

Well maybe we should have done our Tuen leen fahn on the weekend after all. Due to the state of the T Grace has been coming home rather late. I encourage her to just stay out and make the best of the situation. Enjoy yourself, etc.
Tomorrow me and the boys will go and do our lion dance for a few houses. Our house, a neighbor, and a friend. I'm going to use the cardboard head that I painted instead of the more "authentic" looking one because I don't want that one to get wet from the snow. The drum is going to be one of the toy drums and toy cymbals and gongs (though I may not have anyone to actually play those.

But it's mainly the idea. Basically it's all I got in terms of some sort of ritual or celebration. So I might as well do it.

I'm actually more nervous about this little adventure than the actual parade in Chinatown. I mean, I don't know if I will actually succeed, or if someone will call the police on me. That's another reason why even though it is kind of lame that I have a toy drum, it is also sort of safer.

But one day I hope to do this thing on my block with the real heads and a real drum. It can be a small drum, but you know, bam, a real drum. I actually have a real head so that isn't really the issue is it? But a real head and a fake drum.. that just won't match, so might as well have a fake head too.

No comments:

Post a Comment