Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A pile of Hong Baos

Noah woke up early this morning and just went downstairs. After a while I was curious as to what exactly he was doing because he usually calls for me or Grace. I came downstairs to in a pile of red envelopes playing by himself. We have two special stuffed animals, one a rabbit, to represent Jonah, and one ox to represent Noah. They were flying over the treasure of red envelopes. I laughed and Noah laughed when he saw he had been caught playing in his own world.
"I just came down to play!" Noah said excitedly.

Actually as I right this I realize that a pile of Hong Baos, as some sort of treasure is a cool idea. I will have to put that somehow into the book I am writing which is a fantastical representation of Lion Dance, borrowing heavily from non-Chinese myths, but in a Chinese American worldview. I.e. you can tell the fantasy world sprouted from my head as opposed to say J.K. Rowling's or Tolkein's imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment