Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Marketing Kung Fu and Love

Well I guess writing my book was the easiest part. The hard part will be marketing it or selling it. I thought I put it on Kindle Direct Print, which markets the book by giving it away for free on Kindle for a certain amount of time. But I guess there is a reviewing process for all that.
I bought a few copies and will try to sell them myself, to neighbors relatives and friends. Actually some have already said they will by the book online. (Some have already bought it. )
But the exciting part about selling the book was always in some sort of Book tour. I figure I can do some sort of Lion Dance workshop of some sort and then sell my book afterward. But now that I have the book I am trying to think of an appropriate place to do this. My class in the park wouldn't really make sense. Neither would a Lion Dance class at Noah's after school. Even if the book were for children, it is the parents who must by the book. But also, the book isn't really for children.

I guess I really should do some sort of event specifically for the Book. Grace suggested going through the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association and perhaps Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Association, as well as the Public Library. Once I get the book sin the mail I guess I will do that.

In my mind, I was thinking of Universities, and High schools. But then College kids don't really want to buy books for fun like that.  Maybe just like writing the book, if I get out there and start doing this, some ideas will come to me.

Actually if you are reading my blog and happen to have ideas and instructions on ways I can sell my book, I would be grateful for your advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment