Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Third day fasting

Well it's my third and final day fasting today. All I have to do is go to sleep tonight and then when I wake up in the morning I can start eating again. The first day of this fast was much easier than previous first days. I also noticed when i sleep or nap, I am not hungry at all. In fact my body starts buzzing with chi flow, much the way I recall I started buzzing in high school when I first started practicing Tai Chi Like stuff. We called it Mein Lay jum.
I had continued to work out, but focused on internal. I don't think I really did the 45 minute thing, but it's probably more to do with Gong Gong visiting and the house being more festive and stuff.
I was going to fast next week but suddenly realized, after I stuffed myself with pie on Sunday night, that a) I needed to fast and b) it would be better to do so with more people around.

I did this ear irrigation thing with what I thought was clean water. I usually use these two big bucket/tuns to bathe the children. One bucket is the initial cold water and the other is the hot water. Then I adjust the temperature by mixing. I feel like it saves water. When I feel like it I use the left over water to wash myself, or at the very least, flush the toilet. Anyway I used the "clean" cold water. Maybe it wasn't clean, though, as I sort of have phlegm that I didn't have at the beginning of the fast. Or is that just from fasting? Not sure.

Well I won't do another fast until next month. Or should I keep doing the once a week thing too? Of I don't I have to watch what I eat. I have been noticing that at the end of each week, before the next fast, I have trouble keeping to the "diet" What I do is eat more rice and beans for protein and then a lot of vegetables. I eat everything else too, but just for taste instead of for calories.

But Like I said, on Sunday I had two slices of pie, when really I just should have had one. It wasn't until after I ate it that I could feel that I should really have stopped. I guess I used to feel bloated and full like that all the time, and even thought of it as a healthy thing, because I knew I would work off the calories anyway. But now I realize it was excess and holding my body and brain function back. But I was obsessed with eating a lot because I was working out so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment