Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Captain Underpants

I just read Jonah a Captain Underpants book including the background of the author.
Basically he was a class clown and the teacher told him he needed to shape up and couldn't make silly books for the rest of his life. Marc Brown, said something similar in his lecture that Noah and I went to, and Quentin Tarantino said pretty much the same thing.

At Jonah's playgroup the teacher mentioned some horrible experiences her daughter had at school because her daughter was so smart and I guess her teacher was threatened by that.

These stories are definitely an argument for unschooling.  But Noah loves school. And I think Jonah would love it too. Plus even if they were geniuses I would still send them to school to learn how to play with other kids. It's a good thing that Noah's teacher is so good. But what about when they get older?

Well it just has me thinking.

It also has me thinking about my own classes. As much fun as I put into them, they are still very "follow me." type classes, especially now that I don't incorporate a whole lot of coloring. The heads usually just don't make it to my class recently.

Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment