Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, November 10, 2014

Porch vs. Pond

This weekend we did not spend much time outside. I'm not sure if it is because Noah needs time in his house because of so much time spent at school now, or if it is because he spends most of his time indoors at school and has gotten use to staying indoors.  On Sunday they spent a lot of time on the porch taking in plants and helping Mommy re pot things. They seemed to have a lot of fun doing this. I guess what they prefer, over playing outside, is some sort of chores.
Jonah was always more of an indoor person. This morning he didn't want to go outside at all. But I know that later in the week it is going to be really cold and I will also want to stay indoors, so we better go out when it is sunny and relatively warm. We went down to the small pond to throw rocks where there were Brookline High students (I assume) collecting pond data. I noticed some of them wore what would have been the intention behind the dress code at the prep school I went to. I wondered about that. Even with the dress code I always ended up wearing some sort of Kung Fu pants, in fact I dress much the same way right now. I wonder what my kids will wear in high school.

Anyway Jonah did all of his stances on the rocks with the stream rushing (okay just bubbling lightly) past. 

"sei ping ma! dan been ma!" he called out and then switched into what looked more like a yoga pose than a stance, "Sei ying ma!" or snake image stance. I guess he has been paying attention during my classes, even though he often rebels during them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment