Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Fasting

Last month I tried fasting when I got sick. I heard somewhere that there is a Harvard study that says if you fast every month for three days your immune system resets itself. Before I could do more research I had an intestinal thing so I figured I would try it. I planned to go for three days. But the Grace brought home Mayonaise shrimp and various other great Chinese food. But actually the fasting served its purpose of a warm up even though I didn't even last 24 hours. Or I guess I lasted almost exactly 24 hours.

I was able to do my after school classes and actually felt energized (but weak at the same time) and felt like I had a lot more time on my hands. I was also pretty cold.

Well this past Monday I tried again. This time just aiming for a day.

"MMM you're going to have trouble fasting through my dinner." said Grace. She made drunken chicken and all this other food with cleansing looking soups. It looked so healthy. Whatever. I ate. But again, the time I did fast served it's purpose.

All I did for working out was some light Mein Lay jum, and I think I needed a day off anyway, because I had started doing more calisthenics recently and gotten really sore. Plus I was eating a lot of candy and I noticed that after a day of fasting I was able to stop myself from eating something like that more easily for some reason

It was weird how when I was fasting I was burping a lot. And then when I started eating again, my stomach started making all these weird noises. It was so loud that Grace was like, "I can't take it I can't read like this."

I'm actually looking forward to my fast next Monday like it's some kind of holiday. Maybe I'll do a little Shamanic journey I always seem to fail at, because I haven't fasted before it in the past.

I was going to title this entry, "Fast Fail." but when I though about it, it wasn't a failure at all. It was a learning experience. And it's good that I didn't jump straight into extreme stuff. I'm going to get some books from the library about it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment