Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, November 28, 2014

Breaking the Fast for Thanksgiving.

Thursday morning I broke my fast with bits of apples and carrots that my children had discarded. I saved them for three days and then microwaved them. They reminded me of apple pie. Then I had the cereal that Jonah didn't eat, and realized I had to stop eating processed food.
I ate some more leftovers and that was breakfast. Lunch was the last of leftover rice and Chinese Stew that Gong Gong had brought, and then came Thanksgiving dinner.

The first meal, breakfast, really tired me out. I would imagine if I did a longer fast, it would require more preparation for breaking it. But for me, by dinner, I was pretty much back to normal. I ate seconds. But I tried to stay away from breads and things like that.

My dreams were really intense during the fast. I dreamed I was on a spaceship that was occasionally on the sea. The waves were heavy and I could actually feel intense rocking of the ship, like being on a roller coaster. I was actually afraid during the dream. Not for my safety, but just of that intense motion. Isn't that weird?

Last night, after eating, my dreams were still intense. They involved my son, relatives, a party, and zombies. Not exactly zombies, but crazy people that ate other people, and the idea was once you were exposed to that experience, you were more likely to eat people as well. So the zombies had a mental disease instead of a physical one, like they do in most modern zombie movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment