Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Noah's Dance awards.

I picked up Nah today to find him with a light up paw around his neck. It looked exactly what childhood bling would look like. "Is this for you to keep?" I asked.
"I think so." said Noah.
"Yes." Confirmed Noah's friend. A boy.

"Sifu Adam?" said a girl across the table. "I'm not sure. I think Noah just took it."

I decided I would have to check with an adult. The Dance teacher who bestowed the award, was still teaching, so I had to ask someone else.

It turned out that yes indeed, this was a thing. What a great idea.

Now Noah can get his awards and trophies (which frankly are not as cool as the light up paw. The paw can be worn, and can help you see in the dark) outside of the martial arts. I'm not saying I will never be the kind of Sifu to give out medals. But I definitely like how the dance teacher is giving out awards that are more diverse.

In my mind, I had a few ideas instead of medals and belts. Sticks, or swords. But that can get complicated. Various toys are cool too. Plus I could just use stuff I wanted to throw out. Maybe I should do what the dance teacher does just to get rid of some toys. After all, toys that you don't play with are useless. Toys that are found are kind of cool. But toys that you WIN!

We might have to hang Noah's light up paw on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment